Online Bookshelf

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tuesday & Wednesday

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend!

Working on glued sounds during phonics time:

 Word games:
playing teacher/student for reading/writing sentences with blends and glued sounds




Math: crayon puzzles 
The students have been working really hard on a new type of story problem- crayon puzzles! 
Example 1: I have 8 crayons.  Some are red and some are blue.  I have same number of each color. How many do I have? 
Example 2: I have 7 crayons.  Some are red and some are blue.  I have more red crayons than blue crayons.  How many of each could I have?  (They need to show ALL of the ways!)

Social Studies- Africa: 
We have been watching some video clips and reading books to learn some basic facts about Africa.  Here's what the kids have learned so far:



The kids are loving our new chapter book read aloud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment