Online Bookshelf

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday, 9/20

I introduced alliterations and here's what the kids came up with:


The kids then learned how to use a new app, Book Creator.  Each child is making their own alliteration book!!  They will continue to work on them next week! 

3 new math games were introduced- bingo, staircase, and show me.  Ask your child to show you a number using 2 hands so they can show you all of the combinations to make that number.  For example, show me 5 with 2 hands (1 finger up on one hand, 4 up on the other)

This afternoon we had Friday Fun.  Some students had to finish up Centers from the week though.. We talked about the importance of focusing on your work, keeping quiet, and organizing your work.  Each child will have a weekly goal from this point on. 

Have a wonderful weekend!  Tomorrow I have my first session of a year-long professional development course I'm taking on technology.  I look forward to learning new ways to use our iPads!

No comments:

Post a Comment